MS Title Group:
Office for Mac is a suite of Microsoft Office products for Mac computers. Office for Mac is fully compatible with Office for Windows and backward compatible with previous versions of Office for both platforms.
This donation provides one license for installing the software on a single device. Request one license for each device on which you will install it.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use Office for Mac to:
- Increase productivity by allowing Mac users to share documents with Windows users without conversion or translation
- Enable collaboration by using Outlook for emailing and scheduling in a mixed Windows and Mac organization
Applications in This Suite
The Standard suite includes the following applications:
- Excel, a spreadsheet program
- Outlook, an email, time, and information manager
- PowerPoint, a presentation program
- Word, a full-featured word processor
- Lync for Mac, a communications client that works with Lync Server 2010 or Lync Online
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current or previous version of the software in any language that's available through the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center if you request this product. You can find out which version of the software is the current one in the Microsoft Title Groups document.
- Document sharing: Multiple people can work on the same document simultaneously.
- Online resources: Office Web Apps, online companions to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, let users post, access, and share files from any web browser. Organizations can host Office Web Apps on premises with SharePoint 2010, or they can use Windows Live SkyDrive. SkyDrive is available to anyone with a Windows Live account, and Microsoft provides 7 GB of free online storage with each account.
- Media Browser: You can access your iPhoto libraries and iTunes playlists directly from the Photos and Audio tabs on the Media Browser in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. You can also access movies and iMovie projects right from the Movies tab.
This product includes Service Pack 3.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Center and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product. After you download the software, learn how to install it or burn it to a disc for later use.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the first email you receive from TechSoup after requesting this product.
Expect three emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
- TechSoup will send an email with information about obtaining your license key and managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.
- See Office system requirements.
- Microsoft installation technologies:
- Office applications that are version 2019 or later must be installed using Microsoft Click-to-Run technology instead of the traditional Windows Installer (MSI) technology. Click-to-Run technology is the same technology that is used to install the Office applications that are included with Office 365 subscriptions.
- You can't install multiple Office products on a computer if the products are the same version but use different installation technologies. In some cases, you also can't install two different versions of Click-to-Run applications on the same computer. For more information, see Microsoft Office support.
Product restrictions can be found under Microsoft's eligibility guidelines.